Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Troubled waters...

The world is coming to an end! Healthcare will soon cease to exhist as democrats take control and totally destroy the medical field.... Or so I've heard.
I can't tell you how many times I've been warned that going into medicine is "risky" right now because, in the opinion of many, all that lies ahead is doom and gloom. I'm going to try to spend the next few weeks investigating these claims the best I can. Of course the future can't be predicted, but I have my suspisions that things aren't nearly as bad as many say. I sure hope not.
I do see a benefit from all of this paranoia. Less competition! If more of my classmates drop out of the running for medical school because of their fear, I guess I have better odds. The way I see it, people will always get sick. They will always want to get better. And they will need someone to help them with that. I see the healthcare industry growing as the population grows and ages, not falling to pieces under an "oppressive democratic regime."
We'll see what I dig up.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I'm pretty sure the world is NOT coming to an end, and healthcare will NOT soon cease to exist. Definitely go for it! You're going to be a great doctor. You'll for sure make it. I remember how smart you are from when we were in HOSA together in high school. Good times. But yeah, keep working hard. Sounds like you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete