Friday, January 15, 2010

Oh that I could help!

I have been captivated by the news coverage of the suffering in Haiti. I have particularly enjoyed CNN's coverage of the disaster. They've placed many of their most talented reporters right in the heart of the suffering. On of their correspondants-Dr. Sanjay Gupta-has further kindled my desires to become a medical doctor. Dr. Gupta's primary reason for being in the earthquake zone is to report to the rest of us the conditions that the Hatians are facing. However, as he has covered the news his skills as a doctor have been utilized and needed. Just tonight he became the only doctor at a medical outpost after the UN ordered all of the doctors and nurses to abandon their patients due to security concerns. Suddenly he was the only person taking care of 25 patients, many of them critical. I think it would be so amazing to be able to offer that kind of aid! I would love to rush into a disaster situation and be able to use my talents and skills to bless and help others. My thoughts and prayers go out to the poor people of that nation and those who are expending their emotional reserves to aid them.

No comments:

Post a Comment